Saturday 8 August 2015

GRAPHIC EXPERIMENT 08 / 08 / 2015

Analogue & digital drawing, Aug 2015


Artist's note: The block of flats above is something I drew way back around 2003, and was an element in various artworks for an illustration portfolio I was touting at the time. Having saved all the individual elements ( background textures, buildings, people, objects ) I recycle them from time to time. UK post-war urban architecture is very trendy at the moment ( they keep trying to knock it down, just as people are starting to appreciate it ) so maybe the fact that I have re-used this particular block several times over the years, indicates a kind of lucky prescience on my part? Anyway, having a back-catalogue of drawings available means I can throw together a rough experiment quickly, without the hassle of having to draw something new, scan it, and then tidy it up.